Wednesday, March 3

The Pixies

Where Is My Mind is a song by the American alternative rock band Pixies. It is the seventh track on their 1988 album Surfer Rosa. The song was written by frontman Black Francis while he attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst, inspired by his experiences scuba diving in the Caribbean. He later said he had "this very small fish trying to chase me. I don't know why—I don't know too much about fish behavior."

"Where Is My Mind?" was prominently featured during the final scene and ending credits of the 1999 film Fight Club. The 1998 film The Adventures of Sebastian Cole also used the song during closing credits. It was featured in an HBO commercial for The Dark Knight.[clarification needed]. In 2006, it appeared as intro in the episode "Sex, Birth, Death" of the CBS's series Criminal Minds. In 2007, it also appeared in the 45th chapter of The 4400, considered the series finale. A cover by City Wolf is also featured in the 2009 film Observe and Report. Also in "Mr Nodoby" from Jaco Van Dormael.

It was also in some commercials for 2005's The Weather Man.

"Where is My Mind?" was voted in at number 29 in the "Hottest 100 of All Time" music poll conducted by Australian radio station, Triple J. Over half a million votes were cast in the poll.

On Tuesday, April 13, 2004, NASA transmitted "Where is My Mind?" to Mars to wake up the Mars rover Spirit in honor of its software transplant.

"The Pixies - Where Is My Mind Bassnectar Dubstep Reworq"

No comments: